Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Whiskey Wednesday: Sage Brown Derby

Happy Wednesday everyone!!!
Last year, I started a fun new blog series - 
Whiskey Wednesday!!!

Make sure to check back each month for a new recipe!
Whiskey Wednesday will happen every first Wednesday of the month.

My friend and coworker Kumi is also a fan of whiskey,
so I'm constantly either picking her brain for new drink suggestions
or she'll text them to me when she finds one that sounds yummy.

If you haven't figured it out just yet,
this month's drink was a Kumi suggestion.
And I'm now a big fan of a Sage Brown Derby!

Let me show you how simple it is to make!

The Goods:
Whiskey*
Red or Pink Grapefruit
Limes
Agave Syrup
Bitters
Fresh Sage

*The original recipe calls for Rye Whiskey,
but I liked it just fine with Jack Daniels.

Start by squeezing your fresh lime and grapefruit juice.

Next measure and pour the following into a cocktail shaker:
2 Ounces Whiskey
1 Ounce Grapefruit Juice
1/2 Ounce Lime Juice
1/4 Ounce Agave Syrup
2 Dashes Bitters

Shake with ice until chilled and strain into glass.
Slap sage to release aroma and place on top before serving.


Like I said before, I am now a Sage Brown Derby fan!
I loved the tartness from the grapefruit and lime juices
and the addition of sage was just perfect!

If you haven't tried one yet, I think you should soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment