Sunday, April 12, 2015

DIY: Herb Garden Chalkboard Pots

I said I'd blog about my DIY Chalkboard Pots soon.
Well folks, soon is now here!

This project was pretty simple to complete,
and honestly didn't cost much because I owned all the pots.
Check out how I spent little time transforming my herb garden!

The Goods:
Ceramic Pots
Painters Tape
Chalkboard Spray Paint
Colored Spray Paint
Paper Drop Cloth
Chalk (Not Pictured)

Tape a thick line saperating the top portion of the pot from the bottom.

Using Chalkboard Spray Paint cover the top portion and the pot saucers.

Let it dry then remove the tape.

Once dry, completely cover the chalkboard areas with painters tape.

Then spray paint the rest of the pot whatever color you would like.

I personally love this shade and thought it was great for Spring!

Let dry and then remove tape.

Touch up with paintbrush where necessary.

Replant the herbs you have growing.


And using chalk label each pot.

That's it!
Super easy.
Super cute.

15 comments:

  1. I love this! I have been waiting for you to post the 'how to'! I love the colors, I have the same blue on my patio! I am so going to do this, they would be great gifts too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nikki! I am so happy to hear you're going to do something similar. I'd love to see pictures when you're done! :)

      Delete
  2. that looks great, i love surrounding myself with plants in the spring/summer, but mostly greens. this is perfect!
    enjoy,
    b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Visiting form Teach Me Tuesday. These are so cute! I love the splash of color and your whimsical writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pots, they turned out really pretty, and I love that color of blue. These would make a cute gift, and just add the name of the plant whether its an herb or another plant. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda! Someone else mentioned the gift idea and I think it's sounds great! Might have to use it myself! :)

      Delete
  5. This is so adorable. I have chosen your post to be my Editor's Pick on Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop this week. Congrats!
    Sinea from Ducks n a Row

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Sinea! WOW! I am so excited! Thank you SO SO SO much!! :) Do you have instagram?

      Delete
  6. Love these pots, especially the fact you can label each herb. So cute! Thank you for sharing at Inspire Me Wednesday. Featuring you in this week's issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks so much Mel. I love hearing feedback about my projects. I'm really excited for this week's issue too! :)

      Delete
  7. I just did a herb garden, I love these pots! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete