Saturday, April 11, 2015

Simplified Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread

I've made Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread before.
And I even blogged about it in 2011 here.
It was so good, but does take some time.

I've thought about making it again, 
but just never got around to doing so.
That is until I found a MUCH more simple way!

While browsing other blogs I found this recipe and was blow away!
Pizza dough to make Pull Apart Bread?
I knew I needed to try that.

And try is exactly what I did not too long ago.
But because I'm me, I can't do things "normal"
Nope, instead I turned it into MINI Pull Apart Loaves.

Keep reading to see how easy and delicious they really are!!!

The Goods:
Refrigerated Pizza Dough
Butter
Sugar
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Mini Loaf Pans

Mix up your sugar and spices.
I had more than enough and used the following:
1 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.

Remove your pizza dough from the tube and roll it out flat.

Melt your butter and then liberally brush it on the pizza dough.

Now sprinkle the sugar and spice mixture all over.

Cut the dough in half horizontally.
And then cut each half into eight pieces vertically.
You should end up with 16 long, thin strips of dough.

Stack one complete side (eight pieces) on top of each other.

Repeat with the other eight pieces so you have two stacks of eight.

Next, cut each stack into four pieces.

Grease two mini loaf pans.
Put all of one sack of dough in one pan,
and all of the other stack in the second pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Cover with foil if starting to darken too fast.
Remove from oven when deep golden brown.

Cool in the loaf pans for about 30 minutes.

Using a butter knife, loosen the bread from the pan.
Then carefully remove and place it on a plate to serve.

Start pulling those pieces apart and ENJOY!!!

Now that I know how easy I can make Pull Apart Bread using Pizza Dough,
I'm not sure if I'll ever be patient enough to make it the "old" way again!

Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread
1 Tube Refrigerated Pizza Dough
2 Ounces Unsalted Butter - Melted
1 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
Mini Loaf Pans (Optional)
  1. Remove pizza dough from the tube and roll out flat.
  2. Brush melted butter liberally over the entire pizza dough.
  3. Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg then sprinkle all over the pizza dough.
  4. Cut pizza dough in half horizontally.
  5. Cut each half into eight strips vertically.
  6. Make two stacks of dough with eight strips in each stack.
  7. Cut each stack of dough into four pieces.
  8. Put all of one stack in a greased mini loaf pan, then put all of the other stack in another greased mini loaf pan.
  9. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes - until a deep golden brown.
  10. Cool in the pan for about 30 minutes.
  11. Using a butter knife, loosen the bread from the pan and carefully remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment