Friday, April 3, 2015

Homemade Pancakes

For years I've made pancakes using boxed mix.
I thought the pancakes tasted good,
and they were so easy to make
so I didn't see anything wrong with the mix.

On Shrove Tuesday I wanted to make pancakes,
but when I checked my pantry I was all out of mix!
It's very unlike me not to have a back up, 
especially if something is low.

Since I had my mind (and stomach) set on pancakes,
I looked online for an easy recipe because it was a work night.
Trusty Google came in handy once again
and led me to this recipe that sounded pretty good.

After making half a batch of them that Tuesday,
I knew I'd never want to use boxed mix again.
And since they turned out so tasty,
I just had to share the recipe on my blog!

The Goods:
Flour
Milk
Baking Powder
Sugar
Salt
Butter
Eggs

Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Combine the milk, melted butter and eggs in another dish.
Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients
and mix until there are no longer any lumps.

Let your mixture sit for at least 10 minutes.
This will make your pancakes extra fluffy!

After 10 minutes, start heating up your pan.
I use a double burner cast iron griddle, 
but use whatever you have on hand. 

Once your pan is nice and hot, it's time to spray it with some kind of oil.
I recently found the above spray coconut oil and was so happy!

Using a measuring cup, pour the mixture onto your pan.
Make sure to leave enough space for flipping!
Once little bubbles appear on your pancakes and start popping,
that's when you know your pancakes are ready to be flipped!

Flip all your pancakes and cook the other side.

Now get ready to make even more!
You can make them all the same size...

Or you can make smaller ones with the next round!

Yeah - a few of those got a little too done, but they still tasted great!

Once you're done cooking all your pancakes it's time to dig in!!!

And if you're like me and make WAY too many,
freeze them in zipper baggies to enjoy in the near future.

These pancakes are so easy to make and incredibly tasty,
 so I'm guessing you may never us mix again either!


No comments:

Post a Comment