I'm back again for another Baked Donut Monday post
and today I'm going to tell you about some super tasty
CHOCOLATE FROSTED DONUTS WITH SPRINKLES!
After making these Apple Cinnamon ones,
I couldn't wait to make different kinds of baked donuts.
Trusty Google led me to many different delicious recipes,
and I quickly decided to try out this one with a few changes!
If you're a chocolate lover these will win you over!
Light Corn Syrup
(Full Recipe at bottom of post!)
In a large bowl, whisk the following ingredients:
eggs, brown sugar, milk and sour cream.
Add the melted butter and vanilla
and whisk until fully combined.
Wet ingredients get ready to meet the dry ingredients.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients...
And mix with a hand mixer!
Your dough will be rather thick.
Cut off the the tip of the zipper bag and fill your donut pan 1/2 to 3/4 full.
Bake for about 10 minutes.
Remove from oven,
cool in the pan another minute,
then cool completely on a wire rack.
Melt your chocolate ingredients and get your sprinkles ready.
Now the real fun begins!
Dip your donuts in the chocolate,
letting the excess drip off
and dip in sprinkles to your liking.
Chocolate Frosted with Sprinkles Donut Recipe
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
For the donuts:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Frosting:
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate (chips or chunks)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 teaspoons light corn syrup
4 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a donut pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg .
- In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, milk, and sour cream together.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla, then whisk until fully combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer.
- Transfer donut batter into large zipper bag and fill donut pan until 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 10 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup, and water.
- In 20 second increments, melt in the microwave (stirring after each time) until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the chocolate glaze, letting the extra glaze drip off. Immediately dip into sprinkles to your liking.