After making Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Bites,
and then following those up with Quinoa Pizza Bites,
I decided that I really liked the ease of eating these,
so I set out to make a brand new version of my own!
I'm a big fan of the flavor of roasted cauliflower,
so I knew right away I'd be using that.
And after tossing a few ideas around with a co-worker,
I knew I wanted to include lemon and parmesan as well.
Let me show you how easy it is to make these tasty
Roasted Cauliflower Quinoa Bites!!!
Cook quinoa according to your package directions.
In a large bowl, combine your cooked quinoa, roasted cauliflower,
diced onion, minced garlic, both eggs, most of your parmesan cheese, salt,
pepper and parsley to your liking, lemon juice and zest and mix to combine.
Stuff filling into greased mini muffin pans
and top with remaining parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes,
until tops are nice and crisp.
Cool in muffin pans for about 5 minutes,
then remove and finish cooling on wire rack.
Roasted Cauliflower Quinoa Bites
3/4 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
1 1/2 Cups Water
2 Cup Roasted Cauliflower
1/2 Cup Diced Yellow Onion
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
Salt, Pepper and Parsley To Taste
1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Juice and Zest from 1/2 a Lemon
- Cook your quinoa according to package directions.
- Roast your cauliflower (I did mine with juice and zest from 1 lemon, salt, pepper and olive oil.)
- In large bowl combine everything (reserve 1/4 of the cheese for topping) and mix well.
- Stuff filling into greased mini muffin pans and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes until tops are nice and crisp.
- Cool in muffin pans for about 5 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on wire rack.