Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Whiskey Wednesday: Whiskey Sour (With Egg White)

Happy Wednesday everyone!!!
Last year, I started a fun new blog series - 
Whiskey Wednesday!!!

Make sure to check back each month for a new recipe!
Whiskey Wednesday will happen every first Wednesday of the month.

When hanging out with my friends Adam and Elina recently,
we were talking about possible drinks I could make for Whiskey Wednesday.
I've known about a Whiskey Sour forever, but had never had one.
Adam insisted I MUST use an egg white if I make one though.
And I couldn't disappoint him, so that's exactly what I did!

Now let me show you how to make a Whiskey Sour!!
The Goods:
Whiskey
Simple Syrup
Lemon
Egg White
Maraschino Cherries

Separate the egg yolk from the egg white.

Measure out 2 Ounces of whiskey and pour into your shaker.

Squeeze juice from lemon, measure out 1 Ounce and pour into your shaker.

Measure 1/2 to 3/4 Ounce of simple syrup and pour into your shaker.

Lastly, measure 1 Tablespoon egg white and pour into your shaker.

Put lid on shaker and shake for a minute to combine and make egg foam.
Add ice and shake once again to chill the drink.

Strain into chilled glass with a few ice cubes.
Add marachino cherries and a slice of lemon to garnish.

While I did enjoy this drink, it wasn't my favorite.
It was good, and the flavor did grow on me, 
but I don't think I'd ever order one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment