Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Whiskey Wednesday: Adam's Mint Julip

Happy Wednesday everyone!!!
Last month I started a fun new blog series - 
Whiskey Wednesday!!!

If you missed last month's post, you can find my Irish Mule recipe here.
And make sure to check back each month for a new recipe!
Whiskey Wednesday will happen every first Wednesday of the month.

This month's Whiskey Wednesday is extra special.
Why's that you may wonder?
Because today's post is a GUEST POST featuring my buddy Adam!

When I mentioned I was starting this blog series,
he quickly suggested a post featuring a Mint Julep,
so I immediately asked him to do a guest post about it!

And lucky me - he agreed!
His words were "Consider it done."
I won't say anything more and let Adam take over!

Hey there all you Robyn's Hobbies readers!
I met Rdub (that's what I call Robyn) years ago,
and have been a faithful reader blog since the beginning.

I'm excited to share with you an awesome Mint Julep recipe today.
Mint Juleps are a traditional drink at the Kentucky Derby
and are often served in a metal Mint Julep cup.

Let me show how it's made!

The Goods:
Kentucky Bourbon
Fresh Mint
Simple Syrup
Crushed Ice

Put six to eight fresh mint leaves in your glass.

Then add 1/2 ounce simple syrup.

Lightly muddle the mint leaves, but don't pulverize them.
Muddle just enough to release the mint oils.

Add 2 to 2 1/2 ounces bourbon after muddling.

Finish by adding LOTS of crushed ice!
I used the "ice crush" setting on a blender to make mine.

Add a sprig of mint to garnish.

And finally, drink on the patio and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment