I first made these cookies years ago.
Like probably close to 10 years ago if I'm being honest.
And I totally forgot about them and their deliciousness.
That is until a really good friend's grandma reminded me recently!
I instantly knew I need to make them again
and of course I had to blog about them too!!
So today, I bring you a very easy and super tasty cookie
that funny enough is made using cake mix!
Let me show you exactly how these babies are made.
Red Velvet Cake Mix
Let butter and cream cheese get soft in a large mixing bowl.
Then cream using a hand mixer.
Add the egg...
And mix that in!
Now add the vanilla...
And mix that in too...
Until it looks like this!
Dump in the whole box of cake mix...
And mix that in!
Oh hello yummy red velvet cream cheese mixture.
Form into walnut sized balls.
And roll each ball in powdered sugar.
Place on a cookie sheet with room for cookie to expand during baking.
Bake at _____ for ________.
Cool on baking sheet for a minute or two.
Remove to wire rack and dust with more powdered sugar.
And of course, take a bite to make sure they taste alright!
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Recipe
1 Box Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 8oz. Block Cream Cheese - Room Temp
1/2 Cup Butter - Room Temp
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add cake mix and mix until fully incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls.
- Roll balls in powdered sugar and place about two inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and then dust with more powdered sugar.