I'm back again for another Baked Donut Monday post
and today I'm going to tell you about some super tasty
TOASTED COCONUT DONUTS!!!
OH. MY. GOSH.
These baked donuts are amazing!!!
I'm pretty sure they're my favorite baked donut so far.
I love baked donuts
And I love toasted coconut,
so it's no wonder that I really love these!
Now that I've talked them up,
let me show you how they're made
so you can make them for yourself!!!
All Purpose Flour
In a large mixing bowl, combine the following:
flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In another mixing bowl, combine the following:
coconut milk, eggs, coconut extract, butter and oil.
Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients.
Mix using a hand mixer until just combined.
It should look something like this!
Spray your donut pans with some kind of oil.
I used coconut oil because, well, it just seemed right!
Transfer your batter to a zipper bag.
Cut off the the tip of the zipper bag and fill your donut pan 1/2 to 3/4 full.
Bake at 325 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Cool in the pan a minute or two.
Remove from pan and finish cooling on a wire rack.
In another bowl combine the following:
powdered sugar, coconut milk and coconut extract.
Glaze should drip off your whisk, but not be too runny.
Dip each cooled donut into the glaze...
And then immediately dip into the toasted coconut!
It will be difficult, but let glaze fully set before digging in!
Well worth the wait!!!
Now if you're me and can't be tempted by all the yummy donuts,
package up the rest to take to someone lucky!!!
Toasted Coconut Baked Donut Recipe
(From Taste and Tell Blog)
For the Donuts:
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Coconut Milk
2 Eggs - lightly beaten
1 Teaspoon Coconut Extract
2 Tablespoons Butter - melted
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
For the Glaze:
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
3 Tablespoons Coconut Milk
3/4 Teaspoon Coconut Extract
Toasted Coconut for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the coconut milk, eggs, coconut extract, butter and oil.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Using a hand mixer, mix until well combined.
- Grease your donut pans using some kind of oil spray.
- Transfer donut batter into large zipper bag and fill donut pan until 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 10 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, coconut milk and coconut extract.
- Dip cooled donut into glazed, then immediately into toasted coconut.
- Let glaze set completely and then enjoy!