Sunday, October 3, 2010

Friends, Food, Fun & Folk Music!

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of attending an annual Folk Scene.  I've done so for the past five or six years and it's only gotten better! There's great Folk music, a huge variety of food and drinks, and of course, you get to see some great friends.


I always make something delicious to share with everyone, but this year I made something that included crops from my garden. I love being able to tell people that they're eating something I grew.


My friend Rachel seemed to enjoy the Caprese Skewers with Basil from my garden. That's the benefit of having such a big plant of it on my balcony - I can take whatever sized leaves I need and exactly how much I'll use that day.


I also made a batch of my Great-Grandmother's Banana Bread.  I turned the dough into muffins and mini muffins, and man were they a hit. Some people had more than one. Maybe I'll make them again next year, but double the batch!



And last but not least, I made Garlic Chicken Bites. They are tiny bites of amazingness and this was evident by how fast they went! I served them with Ranch Dressing and BBQ Sauce.



No comments:

Post a Comment