Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bats, Leaves and Pumpkins Galore!

I LOVE decorating my apartment for Fall. I get to enjoy the Halloween Decorations and keep some other Fall ones up until after Thanksgiving is over!

Since I love it so much, I figured I would get the most out of it and decorate as early as possible.  I could have decorated last weekend because it was technically Fall then, but I wanted to wait until October to begin.  I couldn't wait any longer and started the decorating this weekend!


The gourds are something new this year.  I've always loved the way it looked and finally bought enough at a bargain price and created this display outside my front door right below the hanging pumpkin Welcome sign shown above.


The hallway has been turned into a bat cave with tiny hanging black rubber bats.  My cats want to get them but can't so they just meow at the bats.


I've done the hanging bats a couple years now, and last year thought falling Autumn leaves would look just as cool.  I didn't want real ones because that would be messy, but I wanted something that looked real!  On a whim I found parchment paper Fall leaves at Cost Plus World Market a few weeks back. 


A garland with leaves similar to the falling leaves is hung over the entrance to the Den.  I previous hang this under cabinets at my old place, but I like it's new hanging spot better!


Here are other random festive decorations around my apartment.  I still have a few more to add - and of course a carved pumpkin or two closer to Halloween, so look out for more soon!




Can't forget the candy!

Oh and this crow...this crow that I put up!  
It's scared ME numerous times.  Oh yes...




No comments:

Post a Comment