Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Carving 2010!

Since Halloween fell on a weekend this year, Friday night seemed liked the perfect night to carve pumpkins.  After a long week at work, I came home, cracked open a Sam Adam's Octoberfest and started carvin'!

I helped with two pumpkins.  Helped meaning I cut them open, cleaned them out, carved one of them completely and cleaned the other one up after a friend had done most of the work.

The two pumpkins after cutting them open.

Seeds from one pumpkin.

Kahn wanted to help...
He may be able to open a door, 
but pumpkin carvin' isn't his specialty! ;)

And now seeds from two!

All in all, the pumpkin carving activity was a good start to the holiday weekend and I think they came out great!

The one I did all by myself - a cute little owl.
I've been on an own kick lately, 
so I couldn't resist when I saw the template!

And the one I helped with - a spooky house.

And finally - outside the front door.


In all honestly, I thought the house one was better.  While the owl one I did was great, it was just a little to simple and easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment