Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Garden - 7 Weeks


I am SO excited! On Friday night I came home to discover that I had a bloom on my snap peas! I have to admit that I was worried. I pulled the vines down the night before because they were growing so tall that I knew I'd have trouble reaching them. Plus - I like the cascading look. 


The blossom assured me that all is good, but we'll just have to wait and see for sure. I think that'll be soon though and I'm excited!


The kitties with the snap pea vines.

The beets and carrots are getting quite big. The greens are getting bigger and bushier and I think that can only be a good thing.

Beets

Carrots

The Spinach continues to thrive. It's so bushy right now. I've used a leaf here or there for salads or sandwiches, but I'll saute it up again soon!



The herbs are doing amazing! They just keep getting bigger and bushier and I think it's safe to say that the ones in the big container (along with the spinach) are safe from whatever ended up attaching my garlic chives.  

Basil

Cilantro

Flat Leaf Parsley

Mint

Upright Rosemary

Scallions

Kahn by some herbs.

And the two old favorites - the tomato and jalapeno plants.  They both continue to bloom and have new growth, but I'm not sure they are producing correctly.  The weather has been so odd here lately, so I guess I'll just have to watch and report back soon! 

Tomato Plant

Jalapeno Plant



No comments:

Post a Comment