Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pulled Pork That's Finger Lickin' Good!

One of my friends recently said they'd been wanting some tasty BBQ pulled pork.  Being that I enjoy cooking - especially if it's for my friends, I decided I'd give it a try.

I did some searching online and found many different recipes.  I ended up using this one (surprise, surprise, it's from the The Pioneer Woman's website...), but modified it just a bit. 

Instead of the pork shoulder, I used a smaller cut of pork - a boneless tenderloin that was just a tad over a pound. And after adding all the ingredients in the crock pot, I decided to add about a third of a can of root beer.  Many other recipes called for it, but this one didn't and it ended up being a great addition!


I served the pulled pork with warm buttery rolls (I omitted the rosemary this time, so I could use them as pulled pork slider buns!), some oven-baked fries (the recipe calls for russet potatoes, I substituted red potatoes) and sweet corn.



Half way through the meal, the pulled pork was deemed a recipe that I would absolutely be making again!

No comments:

Post a Comment