Sunday, October 24, 2010

Homemade Soup: Spicy Corn Chowder

A little while ago I ran across a recipe on The Pioneer Woman's website that I had to try! I'd never made a chowder before, and I hadn't really eaten a lot of chowders either, but it looked AMAZING.

Yesterday afternoon I decided that Sunday night would be the night to try out what looked to be like creamy spicy deliciousness.

I picked up a bunch of ears of corn and went to town getting the kernels off the cobs.  I got the other ingredients ready, began cooking and couldn't wait to taste.

The bacon and onions simmering

After adding the star ingredient - the corn!

As soon as I could I dove in - not literally, but it's that good I may... 

Anyway, I think it is great. 

Wonderful. 

Amazing.

Delicious. 

Just as good, wait no, BETTER than it looks online.  And by online, I mean here, because I'm a moron and have eaten it twice, but keep forgetting to take a picture of it in the bowl before eating every last drop. I blame it on how good it is! That's it. It's the soup's fault! ;) 

I served it tonight with crunchy sourdough bread and a crisp caesar salad with homemade croutons. It was such a great Fall meal for a nice, rainy, cool evening like tonight!

I think later, I might have to finish the night with a slice of the pie I made last night... 

No comments:

Post a Comment