Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall Garden - 3 Weeks


I've been so busy with work recently that it's a good thing the weather was relatively mild all last week. My daily watering was minimal due to the low temperatures.  It started to warm up on Friday, and was well into the 100's this weekend. It's supposed to continue like this for the next few days so I'll be sure to water everything extra well.  It's now officially Fall though so it's annoying we're still getting Summer-like temperatures. 

As I've mentioned in past posts, the new crops for Fall are doing well and are continuing to thrive!  I think a nice batch of sautéed Spinach will happen verrrrrrry soon!

Spinach

The plants keeps getting more and more leafy every day.

Beets

Carrots

Snap Peas!

I hate to pick favorites...but I think this may be mine right now. 

These little suckers are fast workers! They latch on to things - sometimes another sprout - with their little tendrils and loop around and around and around. I had to keep carefully moving them into the position I wanted each one growing. I think I've finally got them trained. I thought that before too though so we will see...

The herbs are doing amazing! I pruned the Flat Leaf Parsley and Sweet Basil plants a lot last weekend and it seems to have made them do even better than before.  

Flat Leaf Parsley

Sweet Basil

Cilantro

I'm happy to report the I used my cilantro for the first time tonight in my enchilada sauce and rice. It was tasty. To be honest - it taste just like store bought, but it's cheaper to grow and I enjoy it!

Upright Rosemary

Mint

Scallions

Jalapeno Plant

And the 1st Baby Jalapeno for Fall!

Tomato Plant



No comments:

Post a Comment