Friday, September 3, 2010

Celebrating Dad!

For my dad's 60th Birthday, my parents drove to their timeshare in Oceanside. I met them for the weekend and we celebrated along with many family members.  It was so great to see everyone and have fun for my dad's big day.  

Dad at his birthday lunch.

My mom and I made Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting on Friday night for the get together the next afternoon.  My grandma did the great job adding the chopped pecans after I frosted each one. The cake alone was tasty, but even better with the oh so amazing frosting! 

*Thanks to my fantastic mother for taking many of the carrot cake making photos!

Creaming the eggs, oil and sugar.

Mixing the batter.

Adding the freshly grated carrots.


Before baking the birthday cupcakes.

After cooling, frosting and pecan adding.

Dad blowing out the candles.

I made sure to taste test almost every step of the way - trust me they were heavenly.  That is every step except the steps with raw eggs because of the recent egg recall.  Plus, raw cake batter is nothing compared to raw cookie dough. Droooooool. 

In addition to the tasty treat I made my dad, of course I made him a personalized birthday card. It's come to the point that home made cards are expected from me. :)


I had a wonderful time celebrating my dad's birthday with him and can't wait to do it again another year very soon! xoxo 




No comments:

Post a Comment