Monday, October 5, 2015

Baked Donut Monday: Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts!

Happy Monday you guys!!!
I'm back again for another Baked Donut Monday post
and today I'm going to tell you about some super tasty
GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN DONUTS!!!

When thinking about the next donut to make,
I knew I wanted it to be something different
and when a friend suggested gluten free,
I knew I had to find one to try.

After very little searching,
I found a pumpkin one that sounded AMAZING.
While I don't need to eat gluten free myself,
I know enough people that do so I decided to give it a go!

The Goods:
Vegetable Oil
Eggs
Sugar
Pumpkin Puree
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Salt
Baking Powder
Gluten Free Flour
Cinnamon

    In a large bowl, beat together the oil, eggs and sugar.
    Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spices, salt 
    and baking powder, then beat until mixture is smooth.
    Next add the flour and mix until incorporated.

     Transfer donut batter to a large zipper bag.

    Cut off the end of the zipper bag 
    and fill your donut pan until 1/2 to 3/4 full.

    Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
    Cool in pan for a few minutes.

    Remove donuts from pans and let them continue to cool.

    While donuts are still slightly warm, 
    shake them in an bag with cinnamon-sugar mixture...

    Until all of the donuts are coated!

    MMMMMMM donuts!


    Surprise! I added chocolate chips to just a few!!!

    Ready to be delivered to neighbors and friends!

    While these were pretty tasty,
    I think that from now on,
    I'll stick to donuts that have gluten in them.

    Past donut posts can be found:
    herehereherehere herehere and here!

    Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts
    Adapted from King Arthur Flour

    For the Donuts:
    1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
    4 Eggs
    1 1/2 Cups Sugar
    1 1/2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
    1 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
    1 Teaspoon Salt
    1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
    1 3/4 Cups + 2 Tablespoons
    Gluten Free Flour

    For the Coating:
    3 Tablespoons Cinnamon-Sugar
    1. In a large bowl, beat together the oil, eggs and sugar.
    2. Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spices, salt and baking powder, then beat until mixture is smooth.
    3. Next add the flour and mix until incorporated.
    4. Transfer donut batter to a large zipper bag.
    5. Cut off the end of the zipper bag and fill your donut pan until 1/2 to 3/4 full.
    6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
    7. Cool in pan for a few minutes.
    8. Remove donuts from pans and let them continue to cool.
    9. While donuts are still slightly warm, shake them in an bag with cinnamon-sugar mixture.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment