Friday, October 23, 2015

How To: French Press Cold Brew Coffee

I love coffee and over the years I've found ways I like it best.
I've known about cold brew coffee for awhile now,
but hadn't tried it until just a few months ago.
And OH MY GOSH - it quickly became my favorite way to drink coffee.

Since I'm a fan of iced coffee (sometimes even in the cold!)
this way of making the coffee was a no brainer for me.
I loved that I didn't need to add much milk because it was less acidic,
but I didn't love the price I was paying (too often) at a well known coffee chain.

So...what'd I do about that lil conundrum?
I went to Google and learned to make my own!
I found this recipe on The Kitchn and tried it not too long after.
And I've made it countless times since because it's that good!

Let me show you how you can make your own.

The Goods:
French Press
Coffee Beans
Cold Water

Start by grinding your coffee beans.
I always do a double batch, so this is 2/3 Cup.

If I'm making hot or cold brew coffee in the French Press,
I always use the coarse setting on my coffee grinder.

Put your ground coffee at the bottom of your french press.

Next add your cold water.
Since I do a double batch, this is 3 Cups of water.

Stir so the water and grinds combine...

And then finally add the lid. 
with the press in the upright position.

Let coffee brew in the refrigerator overnight, 
and press the next day when you're ready for your morning coffee.

And that is how simple it really is to make! 
The original recipe calls for 1/3 Cup Coffee Beans
and 1 1/2 Cups water, but I double the batch and haven't had a problem.
It's still quite strong, but I just don't have to make it as often.

No comments:

Post a Comment