Saturday, October 10, 2015

Cocoa Date Balls

I was introduced to Cocoa Date Balls a few months ago.
A coworker was eating some that she'd made and shared one with me.
They're vegan, no bake treats and have just four ingredients.

I was quite interested and couldn't wait to give it a try.
After the first bite, I asked her to send me the recipe.
Mostly because they were AMAZING and I knew I had to blog about them!

My coworker sent me the recipe and told me how easy they were to make, 
but also explained that she'd gotten it from her neighbor,
who happens to be Kristina Kuzmic who's been on Food Network!

The Goods:
Dates
Walnuts
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Cinnamon

Add the walnuts...

And add the dates too...

Then the unsweetened cocoa powder...

And finally the dash of cinnamon.

Pulse until mixture is fine and well incorporated.


Using a small scoop portion out the mixture...

And form into compact balls.



And then if you get a lil crazy...

Decide to make a second batch and add shredded coconut too!!!

These are not only SO easy to make,
but they are SO incredibly tasty too!!!

Cocoa Date Balls
Originally from Kristina Kuzmic

1 Cup Raw Walnuts
1 Cup Pitted Dates
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Dash Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut (Optional)
  1. Add the walnuts, dates, unsweetened cocoa powder and cinnamon to a food processor. (Shredded coconut optional)
  2. Pulse until mixture is fine and well incorporated.
  3. Using a small scoop, portion out mixture and form into compact balls.
  4. Store in airtight container in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment