Sunday, June 5, 2011

Brunch: Quiche & The Real Housewives


Alison - one of my best friends - came over recently to have a nice relaxing morning/afternoon.  We made Mexican Quiche and watched a couple episodes of Real Housewives of New York that I had recorded on my DVR.

I knew Alison was coming over for brunch so when I was writing my list for the grocery store the day before I had the great idea to make a quiche. I'm on a homemade salsa kick, so I thought I'd make a Mexican Quiche and serve it with my salsa, potatoes and fruit on the side. I made sure to get everything I'd need for the yummy egg dish and spicy salsa at the grocery store that afternoon. 

The Salsa

The Potatoes cooking

The Onions for the Potatoes cooking

The Potatoes DONE!


I've made hash brown crusts before, but I really prefer the traditional pie crust.  I'm not the greatest pie crust maker and the frozen kind taste good enough so I opted for that this time!

In addition to the crust and obviously eggs, I added the following to the quiche:
  • Browned Turkey Breakfast Sausage - Bacon, ham, or even ground turkey/beef would work if you're in a pinch.
  • Hand Diced Green Chilis - A can of Diced Green Chilis would work, but I only had whole in my panty. 
  • Sliced Green Onions - Or really any onion that you have on hand. 
  • LOTS AND LOTS of Shredded Cheese - I used the pre-shredded Four Cheese blend kind, but you can use whatever you'd like.  
  • Salt and Pepper
After putting the quiche in the oven we sat down to enjoy some trashy, but oh so enjoyable reality television.

My Mexican Quiche

 A Slice of Eggy Goodness!!!!

The quiche came out of the oven perfect and tasted just as wonderful as it looked. I ate it again the next day for lunch and again a day or two later. No bite of this quiche went to waste and I'll 100% for sure be making this dish again!

No comments:

Post a Comment