Saturday, June 25, 2011

Slow Cooked BBQ Pulled Chicken

I've made BBQ Pulled Pork a few times, and usually make some kind of chicken dish at least once a week, but I've never ventured into the BBQ Pulled Chicken territory. That is - until today! :)

Last night while looking at recipes, I found one for BBQ Pulled Chicken that I thought sounded amazing!

The recipe was very similar to my pork version, so luckily I had everything I needed on hand. When I got up this morning, I pulled three chicken breasts out of the freezer to defrost. While waiting on those, I got the rest of the ingredients together for the sauce and sliced an onion.

The Ingredients!

VERY Thinly Sliced Onions

The onions on the bottom of the slow cooker.

And the trimmed chicken breasts on top.
(Sorry if you don't like the sight of raw meat...)

Now covered with the sauce!

Cooked, pulled and back in the sauce.

Was it as good as my BBQ Pulled Pork? 

Hmmmm....

Yes, yes it was!

And since it's more common for me to have chicken breasts on hand, I can easily see myself making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment