Sunday, June 5, 2011

Homemade Loaded Blueberry Muffins

Blueberries were on sale this week at the grocery store so I bought three cases! Not three HUGE case, but each case has a 1 Cup of blueberries.

Once I realized I had so many I thought of ways I can use them.  I orignally thought blueberry pancakes, but I wanted to use them in something can be enjoyed more than once, so I decieded on homemade blueberry muffins!!!


I've made boxed blueberry muffins MANY time, but I'd never made them from scratch, so I went searching online. After just a few minutes I found a recipe that sounded amazing and I HAD to make them! The only change I made to the recipe was to add a couple extra blueberries on top before baking.  That's where the loaded part comes in! :)  

And here's how the oh so tasty muffins are made...

Cream butter and sugar

Mix in an egg

And the sour cream and lemon zest

Now mix in the dry ingredients

And finally fold in the blueberries!!!

The muffins waiting to be baked...

BUT not without extra blueberry love!

Ta-da! 
They're done.

1 comment: