Friday, June 24, 2011

Bye Bye Radishes!

Goodbye, Farewell, Adios, Sayonara, Ciao, Au Revoir Radishes!

If you haven't figured it out by now...

I'll tell ya!

Just this evening, I said goodbye to my radishes only a few weeks after planting them. :( 

I recently noticed a few tiny holes in the green leaves and kept my eye on them. Sure enough, just a few days later more holes appeared and on more leaves! UGGGGGH. Bugs! 





I did a little research and think the culprit is a flea beetle, but I'm not 100% sure. During the research I found out that the flea beetle likes multiple different plants - two of which I know I'm growing. I quickly made the decision that I'd get rid of the radishes!  Not only was my success very poor the last time I planted radishes, but I care about my two tomato plants and four jalapeno plants MUCH more than I care about the radishes. 

Sorry to break it to ya radishes - but ya just weren't THAT important...

Even though the radishes rank lower on my plant hierarchy, it was sad to see them go.


I'm sure I'll try them again sometime soon, but maybe wait until Im done with my tomatoes and jalapenos.

And hey - it'll be my third attempt at growing radishes (You know the old saying, "Third time's a charm!"...) so maybe losing them now will work out in the long run! 


No comments:

Post a Comment