Sunday, June 19, 2011

Peanut Butteraroos!

Many people know about Scotcharoos, and for those of you who don't - make them now and try them, you'll most likely thank me later. I have my wonderful Sister-In-Law to thank for introducing them to me.

This post isn't about Scotcharoo though, but instead it's about my twist on the recipe and what I like to call: 

Peanut Butteraroos!

One night I had a hankering for Scotcharoos and wasn't exactly in the butterscotch mood, so I swapped out the butterscotch chips for some peanut butter chips and made an already delicious treat very enjoyable in just a slightly different way.

Here's step-by-step instructions on how ya make them:

The Ingredients!
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 6 cups crisp rice cereal
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup butterscotch chips peanut butter chips


Place corn syrup and sugar into 3-quart saucepan. 
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 
until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. 


Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well.


MMMMMMMmmm Peanut Butterrrrrrr

Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated. 


Press mixture into greased 13 x 9 inch pan and set aside.


Spread melted chocolate chip and peanut butter chip 
mixture evenly over cereal mixture. 

Let stand until firm. Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars when cool.

Try the regular Scotcharoos, but give these a try too!

My friend Alison, who LOVES Scotcharoos, tried the Peanut Butteraroos and loved them just as much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment