Sunday, November 27, 2011

Adventures In Pie Making: Chocolate Cherry Pie!


While thinking about pies to make during Pie Month - I realized I needed to find one that incorporated chocolate. I hadn't really had any kind of chocolate pie, but I LOVE chocolate so I figured it couldn't be too bad. Heck, it would probably be pretty darn tasty!

I found a few chocolate pie recipes that don't require baking, but that kind of freaked me out so I keep looking. 

I'd almost given up when I found a recipe in my local newspaper for something called Chocolate Cherry Pie. The picture with the recipe showed a solid chocolate pie with cherry pie filling on top. I decided to make it, but keep the cherries on the side to allow people to choose if they wanted the cherry part or not. 

Enough outta me - I'll show you how to make the pie!

The Ingredients!
1 Cup Chocolate Chips - Melted
2 (8 oz) Packages Cream Cheese - Softened
1/3 Cup Light Corn Syrup
2 Eggs 
1/3 Cup Whipping Cream
1 and 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1 Graham Cracker Crust
1 Can Cherry Pie Filling

Beat cream cheese until creamy, then blend in chocolate. 
Gradually add corn syrup, beating until well blended. 
Add eggs and beat until just blended. 
Mix in cream and vanilla then pour into pie crust. 


Bake at 325 degrees for 40 or so minutes... 

 Until it comes out looking like this!!! 

Cool at least 3 hours before enjoying.

I cooled mine overnight, but it was SOOOO hard to wait!

Enjoy alone...

With a little Whipped Cream...

Or CHERRIES like the recipe called for! :)

All in all - the pie was very good. It was quite rich and more like a cheesecake than a pie, but that won't stop me from making it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment