Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Adventures In Pie Making: Traditional Apple Pie!

I've made apple pie a few times before, but it was always the Dutch Apple kind.

I decided recently that since I cheat a bit and use store bought crust, I finally HAD to give Traditional Apple Pie a shot - you know, the one with two crusts: one on bottom and one on top.  The crust was always my problem and what held me back in the past. I've always had problems when making my own pie crust, so for now I stick to the wonderful store bough refrigerated dough. I don't cheat COMPLETELY and use the frozen pie shells. 

Now that I'm done rambling, let me show you this AMZING pie!!!

The Goods:
6 Apples (I used 5 Granny Smith and 1 Pink Lady)
3/4 C Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
Milk
Extra Sugar

Pie Crust #1

My Pie Crust Crimping Skills

Peeling The Apples!

Tossing Apples in Lemon Juice, Sugar and Cinnamon.

Mmmmm


Pouring The Apples Into The Crust

Still Pouring...

Making Touch Ups

Done!


Crust #2

Ta-Da!

Cuts Made For Steam To Escape

Before baking...
Brush the top crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar!

Bake at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes.

Halfway Through Baking

Anddddddddddd DONE!!!!

Time To Eat.
NOMMMM NOM NOM

No comments:

Post a Comment