Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Adventures In Pie Making: Mini Pumpkin Pies

I used to bake stuff and take it into work all the time, but I've been quite busy recently and hadn't brought my co-workers any goodies in awhile!

That is until recently...

Since it's pie month and I'm on a crazy pie making spree, it was only right to make pie for everyone to enjoy! :)

I didn't want to make a simple regular size pie though. Nope, I did not. Instead - I decided to make mini pies, but first I had to track down mini pie tins! I went to multiple places, but finally gave in and went to a restaurant supply store. OF COURSE they had them! I should have gone there first!!!



After finding the mini pie tins, I went to town making the mini crusts.


Make Mini Pie Crusts.

 And Make-Shift Pie Crusts Too!!!

Bake Mini Pie Crusts 5 to 10 Minutes.


Once those were done and chillin' in the freezer, I moved on to making the filling. I didn't use the recipe on the pumpkin puree can though. I've done that before, but this time I decided to be different and use a recipe I found online.

Aside from the time it took to make the mini pie crusts, this is such an easy recipe to make!

Here's how it's done:

Start with the goods!

Separate 2 Eggs.

 Soften Cream Cheese.

 Whip when softened.

 Add Pumpkin Puree
(Photograph Forgotten...I'm Sorry!)

Add Sugar and Salt.
Beat until combined.

 Add Half and Half, Melted Butter, Egg and Egg Yolks.
Mix until combined.

Mixing...

Add Vanilla, Cinnamon and Ginger.
Mix until combined.

 Mixingggggggg...

 Pour Filling into Pre-Baked Mini Pie Crusts

 Bake 15-20 Minutes until not "jiggly" anymore.

All The Mini Pies!

 With a Lil Whipped Cream on Top.

MMMMMMmmmm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment