Sunday, November 20, 2011

Slow Cooked Spinach & Artichoke Dip

I've loved Spinach and Artichoke dip since the first time I tried it. 

I've had it prepared many different ways, but until recently I had only made a baked version of it one or two times. I knew you could make it in a slow cooker - I'd HAD it cooked in one before, but until a few weeks ago I had never really thought to do it. That is until I had tons of spinach I needed to use up!

So I took the spinach I needed to use up, cooked it and added it to a few other ingredients to make a tasty dip!
Here's What You'll Need...

Slow Cooker and Slow Cooker Liner

The Ingredients!
4 Cups Fresh (Or 2 Cups Frozen) Spinach
1 Can (14 ounces) quartered Artichoke Hearts, drained and chipped
1/2 Cup Alfredo Pasta Sauce
1/2 Non Fat Plain Yogurt
3/4 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Cup Shredded Jack Cheese


And here's the VERY EASY process:

Put Spinach in BIG pot/pan with a tiny amount of water.

Cook over low heat until wilted.

Drain and squeeze out excess water.

Add spinach to remaining ingredients.

Put in slow cooker and cook over low heat for 1 to 2 hours.

ENJOY!

This could easily be doubled or even tripled and made for multiple people to enjoy at something like a Super Bowl or 4th of July Party. 



No comments:

Post a Comment