Sunday, December 4, 2011

Adventures In Pie Making: Dutch Apple Pie!

I know, I know. The month is over and I'm still posting about pies...

How could this be??!??!??

While November is over, I technically have until the 6th of December to post about pies because I didn't start Pie Month until November 6th! :)

Yayyyy!

More PIE!!!

It was always my goal not to repeat any pies during Pie Month, and I don't really consider this a repeat because it is a different type of pie, but I did use almost all of the same ingredients...

I made a Traditional Apple Pie a few weeks ago, but more recently I made a Dutch Apple Pie. Both had apples tossed with sugar and spices, but topped two completely different ways!

I got the recipe from Tasty Kitchen - a section of The Pioneer Woman.

Are you surprised?! :)

I made the pie to take to Thanksgiving in Santa Barbara for my family to enjoy! And enjoy is what they did! A 10 year old relative even gave it 100 thumbs up! What's better than that???

So let me show you how to make this amazing pie!

The Ingredients!
5 whole Apples, Cored, Peeled And Sliced
¾ cups Sugar
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 dash Ground Nutmeg
Pinch Ground Cloves
1 whole 9" Pie Crust, Unbaked
⅓ cups Cold Butter
⅓ cups Brown Sugar
¾ cups Flour

Peel, core and slice apples. 
Toss in sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
Arrange in pie crust.

Cover in mixture of butter, brown sugar and flour.
Bake 350 for 60 to 70 minutes.

Ta-Da!



No comments:

Post a Comment