I'm really starting to like making things with Pillsbury Crescent Dough. It's usually quite easy and the end result has always been quite tasty! This time it was:
Chicken and Cheese Empanadas!
I recently made a batch of my Chicken Tortilla Soup and I made a little extra chicken in hopes of making something with it. After searching online for a few minutes, I found a delicious recipe that was VERY easy to make.
I actually threw these together at a friends house after work one night so I forgot to take all my normal pictures. Sadly, a picture of the ingredients is one that was forgotten. Pretent it's here. Just picture the following ingredients:
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Chicken
- 1 Serrano Chili Pepper - Diced
- 1 to 2 Cloves Garlic - Diced
- 1 Small Shallot - Diced
- 1/4- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tube Seamless Crescent Dough
I also forgot to take pictures or the empanada making process too...so picture the following steps:
- Roll out dough into rectangle and cut into six smaller rectangles.
- Mix the rest of ingredients in a bowl.
- Distribute mixture evenly on rectangles, fold in half and seal edges with a fork.
- Bake at temperature according to dough label for about 10 minutes total, flipping after 4 or 5 minutes.