Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fun With Pillsbury Crescent Rolls - Take 5!

I'm really starting to like making things with Pillsbury Crescent Dough. It's usually quite easy and the end result has always been quite tasty!  This time it was:

Chicken and Cheese Empanadas!

I recently made a batch of my Chicken Tortilla Soup and I made a little extra chicken in hopes of making something with it. After searching online for a few minutes, I found a delicious recipe that was VERY easy to make. 

I actually threw these together at a friends house after work one night so I forgot to take all my normal pictures. Sadly, a picture of the ingredients is one that was forgotten. Pretent it's here. Just picture the following ingredients:
  • 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
  • 1 Cup Shredded Chicken
  • 1 Serrano Chili Pepper - Diced
  • 1 to 2 Cloves Garlic - Diced
  • 1 Small Shallot - Diced
  • 1/4- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • 1 Tube Seamless Crescent Dough
I also forgot to take pictures or the empanada making process too...so picture the following steps:
  1. Roll out dough into rectangle and cut into six smaller rectangles. 
  2. Mix the rest of ingredients in a bowl.
  3. Distribute mixture evenly on rectangles, fold in half and seal edges with a fork.
  4. Bake at temperature according to dough label for about 10 minutes total, flipping after 4 or 5 minutes.
Pre-Baked Empanadas 

Baked Deliciousness!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment