Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Goodies!

In years past, I've dedicated an entire day to making holiday goodies to give to co-workers, friends and of course family! This year, after giving it much thought, I decided not to spend hours in the kitchen making multiple different types of cookies and other treats. While I love doing it, it takes a lot of time and it's super cheap either!  I knew I'd end up making a treat or two though - I just can't resist!!!

Even though I wasn't going to make much this year, I knew I HAD to make one thing and that was my Great Grandmother's fudge. I've loved it since I was a little girl and I'm sure I'll love it when I'm old and gray! (I'll do a more detailed post about this soon. Look for it after Christmas!)


While doing some grocery shopping, I decided on a whim that it'd be a fun idea to do some chocolate dipped pretzels to give out. I did a bunch of big ones, dipped in chocolate, chocolate and coconut and finally chocolate with green sprinkles.  Once I was done with the big ones, I decided to do small twists too! These were a hit and will probably be made every year now!

Forgive me - I forgot pictures of the large pretzels!

I recently tried out a recipe for gingerbread loaf and it was amazing. So amazing I had to make it into muffins and take into work. They were quite tasty and most people confused them for cupcakes because they had a cream cheese frosting too! What's the difference between a muffin and a cupcake anyway??? (I should know this...)


The whole bunch of goodies taken into my office!

And lastly, my office received a giant gift basket full of goodies the SAME day I brought in my treats. Oh well! Anyway - in the basket were individual baggies that contained something I'd never seen before but was so excited to try: Chocolate Covered Licorice! It sounds odd, and looks a little different too, but I LOVED it so I couldn't resist and made some myself! :)


That's it folks. No cookies, no bars, nothing besides what I listed above.

I hope you've all enjoyed some goodies and stuffed yourself silly. I know I have! 

Happy Holidays!

xoxo,
Robyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment