Sunday, December 4, 2011

Adventures In Pie Making: Turkey Pot Pie

The last and FINAL post in Pie Month will the the first and only savory pie!

With the rest of my turkey leftovers I decided to make Homemade Turkey Pot Pies!!! Since I got the delicious turkey brine recipe from her, I turned to The Pioneer Woman again and found an amazing recipe

Instead of going on and on about how great it is and how wonderful it tastes - I'll just say that I'll NEVER eat a frozen pot pie again unless I have to! This put them to shame by far and is really not that hard to make! Give it a shot! I did and was really glad I did!!

Here's the steps to making the most amazing pot pie EVER!

Pie Goods!

Melt The Butter.

Toss In Chopped Carrots, Celery and Onions.
Sauté And Cook A Couple Minutes. 

Add The Chopped Turkey.
Cook A Couple Minutes.

Sprinkle With Flour And Stir.


Pour In Chicken Broth And Stir.


 Pour In Cream And Stir.

Add Frozen Peas And Stir.

 Salt And Pepper To Taste.
Cook A Couple Minutes - Until Thickened.

Perfect Consistency!

Individual Pot Pies!

Three Covered And Ready To Bake. 

One Cover And Ready To Freeze.


DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment