Friday, December 30, 2011

Homemade Soup: Corn Cheese Chowder

I love soup, but I love homemade soup even more! I almost always have some of my homemade chicken soup in the freezer, and I like to try to make another kind of soup every few weeks. I can no longer eat soup out of a can! The taste is just not the same now that I know how yummy homemade soup is!

So what kind of soup am I making today???

It's a chowder...

A corn chowder...

But not THIS corn chowder that I've made and blogged about before.
(Today's chowder will feature many more pictures though!)

And instead of chilis...

Yup, you guessed it (smarty pants - it's in the title!) this chowder has CHEESE!!!! 

MMMmmm cheese.

Butter Melting.

Onions Sautéing.

Bacon Added.

Cook A Few Minutes

Add A Lil Green Bell Pepper

 And stir!

Now The Corn.

All Mixed Up!

Adding The Flour

Now The Chicken Broth


And Finally The Milk (or Cream!)

Stir it all up

Cheese Time!!!

Last but not least ... Add The Green Onions.

Serve and Enjoy!

And as usual - this recipe is a Pioneer Woman recipe. Oh how I love her food. Oh how I love her. HAHA. The recipe can be found here.  

Make it. Enjoy it. Share it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment