Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!!!

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a fun and safe New Year's Eve and that you had a nice relaxing day celebrating the New Year!

For years I've heard that people eat Black-Eyed Peas on New Years Day, but I was never sure why. I still wasn't sure when I decided I wanted to make a Black-Eyed Pea Dip either. It wasn't until this evening when I searched Google that I found out WHY the tasty food is consumed on January 1st.  

So here it is folks... directly from the every so trusty Wikipedia...


Even before finding out about the prosperity part, I made and enjoyed the tasty dip I mentioned above. It is a Pioneer Woman recipe. 

Are you surprised I made a PW recipe?

Are you surprised it was tasty?

Are you surprised I enjoyed it?

I hope you answered NO to all the above because nothing about any of that is surprising! :)

Here's how you make the Black-Eyed Pea Dip!!!

The Goods!

Drained Black-Eyed Peas

Mashing The Black-Eyed Peas!

Mashed Peas Covered In Chopped Onions

And Now A Layer of Sour Cream

Followed By Some Jalapeno Slices!

And Fresh Shredded Cheese!

A Lil Bit Of Homemade Salsa and Hot Sauce On Top.

After Baking At 350 For About 20 Minutes.

YUM!

This will probably become a New Years Tradition.

Especially if it DOES bring me prosperity!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment