Monday, January 16, 2012

Homemade Restaurant Salsa

I looooooove salsa and now I can say I really enjoy making it too. I enjoy it so much that I haven't used salsa from the store in months!

I blogged about one recipe I made less than a year ago, and have tried multiple different things since then. I tried roasting everything once, then tried roasting everything but the tomatoes another time.  My most recent attempt was making a recipe from The Pioneer Woman. I am never disappointed when I make her recipes and I was not even close to disappointed with this salsa! It is by far my favorite of all the ones I've made and it doesn't involve ANY fresh tomatoes. I thought that was the trick all along, but boy or boy was I wrong!

Before I forget - a little word of caution - this recipe makes a HUGE batch! I always do it in two separate batches in my food processor and then combine it into one in a giant bowl!

Now let me show you just how to make this amazing salsa!

The Goods!

Add half the can of Peeled Whole Tomatoes and 1 can Rotel.

Now half of the onions, garlic and jalapeno.

Mix it all up!

Add salt, sugar, cumin, lime juice and cilantro.

And mix it all once again!

All done!!!

Now time to enjoy with some homemade tortilla chips.

3 comments:

  1. I have a super yummy salsa recipe too! :) I'm going to try yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it!

      Can I try your recipe? :)

      Is it anything like your dad's recipe?!?!?!

      Delete
  2. I made your salsa, Robyn! It's so good. I forgot to get a lime so it's missing that but it's still good. Mmm...thanks so much for bringing that in to work.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete