Sunday, March 20, 2011

Homemade Soup: Chicken Tortilla

It's been raining ALL day. Literally ALL day. I don't think it's stopped once since it started late last night.

I knew it was going to rain - I check the weather forecast daily, so I thought ahead and knew some kind of soup would make a perfect dinner for a rainy Sunday night!

I've made multiple kinds of soup from scratch before, but I wanted to try something new! I ended up making Chicken Tortilla Soup that I found on my go-to website, The Pioneer Woman. (I love her and her food!)


I've attempted to make a Chicken Tortilla Soup before, but it just wasn't like you'd get from a restaurant or even from the grocery store. It was more of an oddly spicy Chicken Soup. 

This time...with the help of my girl crush, The Pioneer Woman, I was successful! I made a few modifications to her recipe, like swapping red bell pepper for orange bell pepper (because I had it in my fridge) and swapping the green bell pepper for an Anaheim chili!

I made it Saturday night and used a close friend as my taste tester. They said it was "incredible!"

After trying it myself on Sunday night, I have to agree.

I served it with warm Corn Bread. Not because it "goes with" the soup, but because I wanted it so I made it! MMMmmm corn bread with melted butter and honey!  How can you NOT want that?!?! :)

*NOTE: I know there is only ONE photo and I'm not sure why. The lack of photo has no indication on how tasty this recipe is - it's amazing BELIEVE me. It is more do to the fact that I was busy making other thing... which will be blogged about soon! Stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment