Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Return Of The Tomato Plant!

I'm so happy to let you all know that I FINALLY have a tomato plant in my wonderful garden! Everything is shaping up nicely and I think I'm done buying things. It's time for everything to start growing and for me to start eating the goodness!

Now - what you've really come for...

Without waiting any longer - here is the newest addition to my garden and what I hope grows as well as last year's plant did!


And a close up of the lil sucker!


Equally exciting is the fact that almost ALL of my shallots have now sprouted. When I took the pictures on Saturday, eight of the nine shallots had sprouted and were growing quite well. And just when I thought I got a batch of duds... 


The garlic is doing quite well too!  It just keeps getting taller and is really thriving!



Currently my Jalapeno Plant is getting some TLC because it took a beating and was drowning from too much rain. But yesterday, as you can see below, it was doing quite well. I'll have to see if it's still as happy after the rain stops!


The radishes weren't a match for the rain either. After draining them off once and moving them under a chair, I had to finally cover them completely. They held on after getting hit by the falling storage unit, and now the rain...what's next for these guys??? :(



And the final victim of the rain - which is actually the first tragedy of the day - is the poor Strawberry plant! After cleaning it all up yesterday, and finding tons of tiny lil berries, I rehung the hanging planter.



I must not have hung it well enough because the entire thing came falling down and cracked completely early this morning.  It's been too rainy all day to try to replant them, but I'll let you know how it goes! 

The herbs are doing well and seem to be one of the few things that are loving all the rain!

The newest addition - The Basil

The Mint

The Rosemary

The Flat Leaf Parsley

The Thyme

The Chives
...were forgotten this week! :(
I have NO idea how I did that, but have no fear -
they'll be back soon.

The ever so beautiful flower - the Rannnnaidontknowwhatheyrecalled and the Pansies!



And last but not least - my pride and joy (that I'm so scared I'll kill...) - my Lime Tree!


Nothing amazing to report about it because there aren't any new development, buttttttt it's still alive and that's what really matters! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Robyn! It's your former coworker, Michelle. ;) Your garden looks GREAT! I just worked on my patio garden yesterday. It's so much fun to grow your own food, even living in an apartment or condo. :) You've inspired me to go get a few more plants today. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle! Thanks for the compliments. I'm so glad I could inspire you to add to your garden. What did you end up getting?

    I saw your blueberry plants recently and I was instantly jealous! Do they need much room? Are they easy to care for? I want to grow them! Is it too late for me to start???

    ReplyDelete