Sunday, March 20, 2011

Homemade Pear and Pepperoni Pizzas

No, no not a combination of Pear and Pepperoni - two different pizza! That would be a really odd combo, but I bet there are some even more odd requests!

I recently told you about the Pear Gorgonzola Pizza I made with my friend, Robin. I decided to make it again with my friend, Alison but this time...it was going to be a little different.

Yes, it was different because I'd be making it with a different friend and at my apartment this time. But it was also different because instead of using dough purchased from Trader Joe's, I was going to attempt to make my own!!! 

My friend Melissa recently made some and it inspired me, so I had to give it a try.

Can you believe it!?!

I know - amazing!

Haha. I'm so amazed at myself because I've NEVER used yeast before! It's quite surprising seeing the amount of baking and cooking I do, but I guess I've always just worked around it (like buying Trader Joe's dough...).

The mixer with the dough hook.

The yeast in the bowl.

The yeast, water, sugar mixture.
Waiting wasn't fun but worth it!!!

All the ingredients!

The dough kneeding.

Done mixing, covered in oil and ready to relaaaaaaax.

A few hours after chillin' in the fridge.
Getting bigger...

And big!
Wowwwww - look how big it got! :)

My first experience with yeast made me want to make even more things with it!

I think next time I'd divide the dough into three pieces instead of four, but other than that I was very satisfied with the dough and will make it again!

The Pepperoni Pizza

The Dough

With Sauce

With Toppings Before Baking

Ready to be eaten!

The Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza

Before Baking.

And After!

With the leftover dough, Alison made these Fried Dough Balls.  They're something her family's made for years. I love being introduced to family stuff like that! :) 


To be honest, I was a little scared to try them at first. The thought of fried pizza dough didn't sound too great... and they weren't the prettiest things to look at, but when you dusted the with powdered sugar they sure did taste amazing! I think we may be making them again...

No comments:

Post a Comment