Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pear Pizza With Pocket!

Who is Pocket you all may be wondering? Some of you know, and some of you don't, but Pocket is another name I have for one of my closest friends. You may also know her as Robin. No, I'm not talking about me... I'm talking about my friend Robin! :)

I went over to Robin's house on Saturday to hang out, see her new digs and make some tasty pizza!

Earlier in the week we'd decided to make a Pear Gorgonzola Pizza similar to one you can get at CPK

We didn't use walnuts, which I will do next time I make it, and we used more Provolone cheese than called for. It was super cheesy, so that may be cut down in the future!

Here's the whole process!

Flour dough and let it sit for 20 minutes. 
I was impatient and couldn't wait more than 15 minutes! :)

Stttttttttttttretch the dough out to cover the pan you're using.
I've used rectangle and round - I think round turns out better.

The recipe we used called for 4 slices of Provoline...
We used...7!

Next came sliced pear.
We ate some while waiting for the dough, 
and I wish we hadn't eaten so much!

Now the Gorgonzola crumbles!
Lots and lots of the stinky cheese. 

Halfway through baking.

All done!

And the finishing touch...
Spring Mix tossed with more Gorgonzola and Balsamic Vinagrette placed on top.

Nom Nom Nom!

I'm making this again this Thursday when Alison comes over for some Real Housewives fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment