Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Night Dinner: Take 7!

It's Sunday, so that means it's time for another Sunday Night Dinner! I know, you're so excited and you just can't hide it! I don't blame you either because tonight's dinner was A-MAZING!

I recently ran across this recipe for Garlic Mustard Chicken Skewers and knew I wanted to try it. I saved it in my "Recipes To Try" file on my trusty Macbook. I couldn't wait any longer and had to try this recipe that called for whole grain mustard! I love mustard and I don't think I've ever had this kind, but that changed tonight!

The ingredients for the glaze.

The chicken beginning to cook.

As the recipe says, it is very mustardy. But I expected that and I didn't care because remember, I love mustard! :) I will, without a doubt, be making the recipe again. I'd also be interested in trying the "glaze" on other type of grilled food.  

I love basmati rice, but have never made it myself. I've just enjoyed it from take out restaurants mostly. Tonight I decided I'd give it a whirl and found a great recipe. It's so fresh and delicious - perfect for Spring AND for the chicken!


Lastly, I made one of my old favorites - roasted asparagus with garlic and shallots. 


I love Spring and Summer because of the crisp fresh fruits and veggies!


No comments:

Post a Comment