Sunday, April 3, 2011

Easy Roasted Potatoes!

Before I started looking at cooking blogs, I got many of my recipes from my Better Home and Gardens Cookbook. I found the recipe for Easy Roasted Potatoes shortly after getting the cookbook as a gift and can't count the number of time I've made them! 

Before Roasting

And almost an hour later!

These potatoes are so tasty and make a perfect side dish to many different meals. They're so easy and tasty and can be modified in many ways. I tend to stick to my usual though - red new potatoes, fresh garlic, shallots, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Here's the recipe I've modified from the Better Home and Gardens Cookbook:
10 to 12 tiny new potatoes (1 pound), halved
2  tablespoons  olive oil
1/4  teaspoon  salt
1/4  teaspoon  black pepper
4 to 5  cloves  garlic, pealed and cut in half
1 shallot, cut into pieces the same size as garlic

Place potatoes, garlic and shallot in a baking pan. In a small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients.  Drizzle oil mixture over potatoes, tossing to coat.  Roast, uncovered, in a 325 degrees F oven for 45 minutes.  Stir potatoes; bake for 10 to 20 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and brown on the edges.

I usually make enough to have with other leftovers, but sometimes I make WAY too many. That happened the most recent time I made these potatoes and a great friend suggest I use them to make crispy breakfast potatoes!

I took the leftover potatoes and chopped them up even smaller, but not too small.  

Then I cranked up the heat on my cast iron skillet, 
sprayed it with cooking spray and let the potatoes get nice and crispy!

Hot, crisp and delicious. 



These were the best breakfast potatoes I've had in a long, long time!  And not just because I made them. :) I think I'm going to be making way too many roasted potatoes from now on so I can guarantee I have enough for this next day deliciousness! 


No comments:

Post a Comment