Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mission Jalapeno Hunt: COMPLETE!

That's right folk. You read the title correctly. I completed the hunt for a new Jalapeno Plant on Saturday afternoon when I purchased a four-pack of seedlings! Let's just hope these ones survive and no rain comes to destroy them like the previous pepper plant. Previous Pepper Plant - say that ten times fast!


And after planting!

So I went to my local Home Depot with the sole purpose of buying the little suckers above. But Home Depot is kinda like Target and I get sucked into buying more than I've intended.

What more did I buy you ask? 

Rest assure that it was ALL stuff for my growing garden!

An additional Flat Leaf Parsley plant, a Calla Lily plant,
a Dipt in Wine Coleus plant, a few new planters and soil!

I promise my garden needed it all.
 And you can see in the photo above that Kahn approved of it all too! :)

Anyway - the new stuff is exciting, but so is the progress and growth for my older plants.

The tomato is doing exactly what I wanted and is THRIVING. The number of blossoms is amazing and I can't wait until I get to enjoy the first tomato of the season!



The lime treat is fabolous like always. Like the tomato plant, the blossoms just keep coming, but sadly I'll have to wait a little longer to enjoy the tart citrus.



The radishes are doing well, but I'm still a little worried about them after all they've been through.


The garlic and shallots continue to grow like crazy. I had to trim them both down a bit this weekend to try to contain them just a little.



The strawberries are going crazy now that they've been transplanted! I thought they did pretty well last year, but I'm hoping this year they'll be bigger and better.


Look at all the lil guys!!!

The herbs are doing well too - including the Mint that I completely took out recently. In just days it was popping up from the soil and I'm sure it'll be covering the planter again soon.


The rosemary just keeps getting bigger and bigger and it shows no sign of my constant usage. I think it grows better the more I use it actually! I have plans to use it for Easter dinner next Sunday too. YUM!


The basil is doing well and isn't such a little thing anymore. Soon it'll be time to use it in some fresh Spring and Summer dishes.


The chives. Well - they're still growing, but they're growing rather slow. I can still use them, but I'd prefer them to get bigger first!


The thyme is really amazing me. It didn't grow very fast at first, but now it's growth just amazes me! I think I need to look for more ways to use it. Suggestions anyone?


And finally - the Flat Leaf Parsley. The herb I probably use THE most out of all the ones I have. It adds a freshness to so many recipes and I just really enjoy it.


Anyway...you probably recall that I cut that down completely recently too! It was growing back, but it wasn't growing back fast enough - hence the need to get an additional plant at Home Depot yesterday.  I'm hoping that the two will just start to grow like crazy and I'll have parsley coming out my ears! 

Last but not least - the non-edible plants!

My dahlias took awhile to sprout, but now that they did they're going CRAZY!  In one of the planters I have sprouts coming up in three different areas. That's from one tuber! I'm still unsure how tubers work, but they're exciting to watch!




And the new plants after being planted...

The Calla Lily

And the Dipt in Wine Coleus





No comments:

Post a Comment