Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Homemade Soup: Broccoli Cheese Soup

I'm really love soup, but I've never been a hugh fan of Broccoli Soup. That changed when I ran across a Broccoli-Cheese Soup on The Pioneer Woman's website. I wanted to make it and eat it as soon as I saw it and I never have that reaction from Broccoli Soup. Maybe it was the cheese that was drawing me in...

Not too long after spotting the recipe, I decided I would make it to eat and share with a couple friends.  This was my first attempt at a soup that you puree/blend so I was a little nervous, but I went to town making it anyway.

The Goods:
Broccoli, Milk, Half & Half, Chopped Onions, 
Shredded Cheese, Nutmeg, Butter, Flour, Salt and Pepper!

Melt butter in large stockpot.

Add onions and sauté. 

Add flour and stir around to combine. 

Let the butter, onion, flour mixture cook for a minute or so.

Then slowly add the Milk and Half & Half. 

Season with Nutmeg, Salt and Pepper. 

Now it's time for the broccoli! 

Cover the pot and simmer for about 30 minutes. 
The broccoli should now be nice and tender. 

Add the yummy cheese.

And stir it in!

Transfer the soup to a blender.

And blend until it's the the consistency you desire. 

Now pour the soup back into the stock pot to keep warm. 

Serve with delicious crusty Garlic Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment