Monday, March 26, 2012

Broiled Garlic Herb Salmon

Recently I've been talking a lot about trying to add more fish into my diet, so I decided to not only post about it again, but to show you one of the ways I enjoy making salmon.

But before we get to the fish, let me show you how to make your own garlic herb butter.

Get your chopper out...

And chop up 2-3 cloves garlic.

Now add some fresh parsley and chop.

And finally a little dill and chop.

Put the garlic herb mixture into a bowl and add some butter. 

Mix it alllllllll up!

And finally, make it into cute little butter balls!

Now onto the salmon making...

The Goods:
Salmon, Dill, Lemons, Homemade Garlic Herb Butter Balls, Salt and Pepper


Some people leave the skin on one side of the fish, but I choose to remove it before cooking. I've done it both ways, but prefer without any skin. I feel it's less "fishy" this way! Haha.


Remove the skin if you want.
Or leave it on.
It's up to you!


Line a baking sheet with foil and then put a cooling rack on top.
Preheat oven to Broil.

Place salmon on top of cooling rack.
Salt and Pepper salmon. 
On top of salmon, put one butter ball and a sprig of dill.
Squeeze lemon over everything.

Broil for 7 minutes, flip and boil 7 more minutes or until done.
If you're a rebel - add more butter and dill after the flip!

YUM!
Perfectly done.

I served this with a long grain wild rice mixture and my Garlic Brussel Sprouts.




No comments:

Post a Comment