Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Cake Balls

I've made cake balls before - I've made them multiple times in fact. I made them BEFORE Cake Pops were the "in" thing. But I hadn't made them for awhile. That is until last weekend!!!

I hadn't taken any baked goodies in for my co-workers to enjoy in quite some time, so I decided it was time to make cake balls and take them into work!

I know I've blogged about making Cake Balls in the past, but I wasn't as detailed so it's time to revisit them and take a look at the Step-By-Step process. :)


The Goods:
Funfetti Cake Mix and Frosting
Vegetable Oil
Water
3 Eggs

Grease 2 Round Cake Pans and set aside.
Preheat oven according to cake box.

Pour the Cake Mix contents into the mixing bowl.

Add the water.

And the vegetable oil.

And lastly, the eggs!

Now mix it all up!

YUM!

I LOOOOOOOOVE batter...

and cookie dough...

but these contain raw egg so technically that's a NO NO.

Don't be like me!

:)

Back to the cake balls!!!!

Pour cake batter into pans and bake according to box directions.

And DONE!

Now it's time to ruin the perfectly good cakes!


Cut each cake in a criss-cross pattern.


Put the cake cubes into a clean mixing bowl.

And mix it until it's all crumbled up!

Now add the frosting.

And mix THAT in too! 

Cover and let the mixture sit in the fridge AT LEAST 4 hours.
I actually let it sit over night - well over 12 hours sometimes.

Now - using a melon baller, scoop out portions of the cake/frosting mixture.
Once they're all scooped out, roll them into cake balls. :)

Put the trays into the freezer for an hour or so.

Before removing from the freezer for the last step...

Get out some confetti Candy Melts!

And melt them in the microwave.

Cover each cake ball and add little sprinkles on top.






Give them to your friends.

Take them to work.

Feed them to your family.

Eat them all yourself.

The choice is up to you!


And because these were EASTER Cake Balls,
here's the cute little packaging I gave a few friends/neighbors.

Happy Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment