Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hello Garden!!!

As I said before - multiple times actually - I was going to continue to add to my garden little by little and that's exactly what I've done recently! I don't think I'm done adding - I don't think I will EVER be done, but I'm quite content on the recent additions and the overall state of the entire garden. I did a complete balcony clean up and garden rearranging this weekend. I'm loving what I have going on and can't wait to add even more!

Instead of showing you just the new stuff, here's a look at EVERYTHING I have in my garden as of today! I enjoy it and sure hope you do too. :)

Let me start with the non-edible plants - mostly flowers! 

A NEW addition - pink cosmos in hanging baskets.

These came last weekend - Gerber Daisies and another flower I don't remember...

Another addition from last weekend - assorted Dahlias!

A look at one corner - plants and miscellaneous flowers.

Another corner - succulents, a GIANT Germanium, a Palm that's struggling and KAHN!
Yes, my stripey cat Kahn decided to make an appearance today. Hi Kahn!!

A close up of a geranium bunch before blooming. 
I love this flower and it's growing/blooming process.

Windowbox flowers growing from seeds!
I planted Snap Dragons and Poppies and I can't wait to see what comes up.

A hanging basket with giant marigolds. I love these flowers too! 

Maybe I just really love SPRING flowers in general...

And my awesome Elephant Foot plant. It's so funky and requires so little attention. 
Again - love!

And now onto the wonderful things you can EAT! 

My Topsy Turvey Tomato Plant!!!
I've done this three years in a row and am hoping this year I'm as happy as years past.
The first year was insane and the second year was just alright
If I could have something in between that would be just perfect!


HERBSSSS! I loveeeeee having fresh herbs and could stand to add a few more...
From left to right: Upright Rosemary, Sage, Lemon Thyme, Flat Leaf Parsley

And Sweet Basil all on it's own. 
I've learned that this herb can really grow fast and grow big, 
so it's best to keep it in it's own planter.

My teeny tiny Jalapeno Plant. So small and cute. 
I can't wait for it to get bigger and produce peppers.
I've loved the peppers in the past and again, I can only hope for similar results. 

My awesome Key Lime tree. 
I only have a few limes, but it's still a young tree so I'm hoping for big things in the future.

My UNBELIEVABLE Snap Peas that are doing SO well.
I have grown them before, but it was nothing like this!
I can't wait for the super sweet pea pods to start growing,
YUM!!!

And I won't have to wait TOO much longer because these my friends are Snap Pea Blossoms!
Soon!!!

I can't wait to see how the whole garden progresses, changes and expands and I look forward to sharing it with you all. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, ideas, input, etc. Thanks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment