Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Look Back At...

...the Monster Tomato plant!

When I first got my tomato plant, I wasn't expecting much.  I was trying out the Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter for the first time.  Yeah the commercials make it look amazing, but I'd heard that in reality it didn't really work that well.  Whoever said it didn't work that well was completely wrong!  Not only did I have an amazing tomato plant, I had the best tomato plant I'd ever seen! (I may be a little biased since it IS mine, but see for yourself how gigantic it is!)
May 30th

June 5th



June 12th


June 19th



June 26th




July 3rd

July 10th



July 17th





I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again after this, but I cannot believe how well my tomato plant has done. Who knew you could be this successful growing tomatoes on an apartment balcony? 

Granted, it hasn't been a cake-walk caring for my monstrous tomato plant, but it's been well worth it! 

In the beginning - things were easy and the growth came fast. But sadly, about a month ago, I noticed that something else was very impressed with my tomato plant - a moth! Yup, a moth had found my plant so desirable that it laid eggs on it and soon enough I had little tomato worms! After trying to control the little suckers naturally, I caved in to save my precious monster plan and used Bt to kill 'em! So far, so good. I haven't found nibbled leaves or a single caterpillar since I sprayed. I'm crossing my fingers they don't return, but if they do I know how to handle them!


No comments:

Post a Comment