Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Garden Update: 7 Weeks


Sad news to report in this update - the cilantro is no more. RIP Cilantro. After it started bolting there was no going back. I tried to revived it, but it wasn't working so I made the executive decision to get rid of it. I hate killing plants, but it was taking up valuable garden space!


What am I going to do with that empty space now you ask? Well, one of two things. The first option is to leave it alone for a few weeks and see if the parsley expands and starts to fill in that area. If that happens, great. If not, I will be transplanting my garlic from the individual container to give it a little more room!

Besides the sad cilantro news, everything else is doing absolutely fantastic! My basil is growing like crazy, I have about 20 jalapeno peppers growing, I can't count the number of times I've eaten my home grown lettuce, my tomato plant is just amazing and is finally giving me edible fruit - not just tons of green tomatoes.

Sweet Basil

Flat Leaf Parsley

Upright Rosemary

Garlic Chives

Shallots
And a view from above!

Garlic

Scallions
Finally above the side of the planter. :)

Lettuce
Slow growing, but still alive! 


Jalapeno Plant
Peppers, peppers, and MORE peppers!

Monster Tomato Plant

Strawberry Plant

And the Mint that's slowly taking over my garden!
Whoa mint!

No comments:

Post a Comment